Starting a business can be daunting, even overwhelming. 的 good news is Seattle Credit Union provides 业务 Solutions. For the myriad of questions you may have, we have answers.
Below we have a variety of resources for businesses ranging from those are still in the idea phase to businesses who may have formed and are looking for additional resources. 的 first is for the entrepreneur looking to get started. 第二种是给经验丰富的企业主，他们可能需要更多的建议.
创业需要计划, 做出关键的财务决策, 并完成一系列法律活动. 的se 8 steps can help you plan, prepare, manage your business. 大致按照时间顺序写，这些步骤将为你的成功提供路线图. 的se steps may overlap, or not be necessary for you but will guide you to getting on your feet. You can also learn how to start a business with 华盛顿州税务局，和 国内收入署.
Use 工具 and resources to create a business plan. 这写指导 将帮助你规划如何成功地开始和经营你的企业. 当然，第一步是把你的想法写在纸上. 你有远见, 把愿景分解成可衡量的目标，然后为实现这些目标采取步骤. 专注于产品中让你兴奋的地方, 关于它的必要性, how the market is currently failing to deliver it. 然后对你需要的启动费用和现金流进行一些预测. If it is an entirely new product you may have to do some market 研究 to fine tune your offering. (许多企业不需要这最后一步.)
- How will you do it, do it better than anyone else?
- How will you get people to find us and try us?
- What is your target market, who and where is it?
考虑你的竞争对手和供应商. 你的竞争对手可能有经验，但你有一个新的前景. Leverage your fresh perspective to gain a competitive advantage.
Look for ways to keep costs low, refine business processes and create a smooth, lean, process. 可以在这里找到一篇关于制定商业计划的资源的好文章.
利用 免费培训和咨询服务 for everything from preparing a business plan to securing financing. 当地的贸易团体和专业协会可能会为你提供入门课程. Visiting trade shows can give you a sense of the business environment and challenges that may lie ahead.
- 华盛顿小企业发展中心 您在当地是否有专业的商业建议、管理培训和市场研究资源. SBDC advisers offer personal one-on-one assistance at no charge. 访问该网站，与顾问联系, 探索类, 在线研讨会和播客, 研究, 和商业计划工具.
- 中小企业管理局 focuses on helping Americans start, build, 成长 businesses. 的 SBA also offers an extensive learning library of articles, 在线培训, videos on a broad range of business topics.
- 分数 是一个致力于帮助小企业起步的非营利组织吗, 成长, achieve their goals through education and mentorship. 它在美国各地举办活动和研讨会.S. Score通过为企业家和志愿者导师配对来提供教育. 的 网站 offers local and online workshops, 工具, templates and information about free mentoring opportunities.
- 琳达.com (有西雅图图书馆卡，哪一种是免费的), offers training videos from experts on many topics. You can learn billing software, 网站 maintenance to video editing. 琳达 is a great resource to tackle tasks that may be outside of your core competency and want to get done yourself.
- Paychex公司. 工资单上是否有一个被认可的领导, 人力资源, 有利于外包行业, with a steadfast commitment to success and a record of achievement that continues a tradition of delivering excellence.
物理空间可能很昂贵， 你真的需要吗? 许多零售商从网上开始. 专业服务，如顾问，可以在他们的办公室或远程会见客户. 也有业务空间的替代方案. 如果你确实需要实体零售空间, consult your business plan to help determine an exact location.
- 影响中心西雅图 是共享工作空间吗. A place to meet and interact with fellow entrepreneurs with an emphasis on doing good by doing business
- WeWork is an American company which provides shared workspace, 社区, 以及为企业家提供的服务, 自由职业者, 初创企业和小企业.
- 先锋集体 为有才华的人提供舒适的工作或放松的氛围, 合作或单独工作, 集中注意力或让思绪游离.
- 冲浪孵化器 为企业家提供一个负担得起的专业环境, encouraged and inspired by the internal and external communities.
- Equinox工作室 an enclave of Artists and Artisans in a World War II era factory building in Georgetown, Seattle. 这座建筑是用重木材建造的, 梁柱建筑通过暴露木地板，恢复了其原有的荣耀, ceilings and beams and clearing out the detritus of almost 75 years of a working factory building.
- Activspace 提供私人, secure and affordable workspaces for artists, hobbyists and small businesses in the greater Seattle area.
企业孵化器是创业者共同工作的场所, 连接, meet and network as they develop their businesses.
融资业务 可以来自很多不同的地方. Credit for your business is useful in gaining equipment, or smoothing the peaks and valleys of your business cycles. 信贷额度尤其方便，可以迅速支付意外费用. Using your own money is the most common option. 但, there are alternate sources like 政府ernment backed loans, 风险资本, 以及研究补助金来帮助你起步. 众包是另一个选择, there are 网站s which coordinate fund raising from anyone; friends and family to total strangers who think you have a 伟大的产品.
- 中小企业管理局 focuses on helping Americans start, build, 成长 businesses. 的 SBA delivers millions in loans, loan guarantees, other forms of help to small businesses.
- 奖助金.政府 is the best resource for ALL grants issued by the 联邦 政府ernment. You would be surprised at the variety and depth of things the 政府ernment needs solutions for from the private sector.
- 美国农业部.政府拨款 makes direct and guaranteed farm ownership and operating loans to family-size farmers and ranchers who cannot obtain commercial credit from a bank, 农业信用制度机构, 或其他银行. FSA的贷款可用于购买土地、牲畜、设备、饲料、种子和供应品. 贷款也可以用于建造房屋或改善农场.
- 美国农业部.政府农村发展计划 provides funding opportunities for rural small businesses through loans, loan guarantees, grants.
- 雷尼尔谷社区发展基金 was established to keep businesses afloat when the light rail was being constructed through their neighborhood. 它继续向该领域的任何人提供资金和业务知识.
- 基金我去 是一个众筹网站吗
- 独立无节制的 众筹是否为各种形式和大小的创意和创业想法提供了平台.
- WeFunder 帮助初创企业和小企业获得发展所需的资金. 我们帮忙做所有的筹款工作, so you can focus on what is important: 成长ing your business. Wefunder lets investors own a small stake in your company.
- Kickstarter 一个巨大的全球社区是围绕创意和创意项目建立的吗. 来自世界各大洲的1000多万人支持了一个Kickstarter项目.
- Patreon 是艺术家的众筹网站吗. 然后艺术家的粉丝们就会在他每次创作的时候捐赠一美元.
Seattle Credit Union is now a source of financing your business. 我们提供信用额度, 有担保和无担保贷款, 信用卡, 汽车贷款, 及房地产贷款. Typically we require a business be active for 2 years, 但是如果你正在跑步, 我们能帮上忙. 考虑你的业务需求. 查看您的财务状况，并致电 206.398.5500.
- Step 5: Determine the Legal Structure of Your 业务
- Step 7: Register, License, Permit your 业务
It's one of the most common questions among business owners seeking financing: "What will the financial institution be looking for from me and my business?“虽然每个贷款情况都是独特的, many financial institutions utilize some variation of evaluating the five C's of credit when making credit decisions: character, 能力, 资本, 条件, 和抵押品. 我们将看看这些因素以及它们如何影响你的资金申请. Review each category and see how you stack up.
What is the character of the management of the company? What is management's reputation in the industry and the 社区? Financial institutions want to put their money with those who have impeccable credentials and references. 的 way you treat your employees and customers, 你承担责任的方式, your timeliness in fulfilling your obligations — these are all part of the character question.
This is really about you and your personal leadership. How you lead yourself and conduct both your business and personal life gives the lender a clue about how you are likely to handle leadership as a CEO. 金融机构有责任关注贷款的负面影响. 例如，如果出现商业危机，你的角色就会立即发挥作用. 作为企业主，我们在所有影响公司的事情上都打上了自己的印记. 通常，金融机构甚至不区分我们和我们的业务. This is one of the reasons why the credit scoring process evolved, with a large component being our personal credit history.
贵公司的借款历史和还款记录如何? 你的公司能处理多少债务? Will you be able to honor the obligation and repay the debt? 有很多金融基准, 比如债务和流动性比率, that financial institutions evaluate before advancing funds. Become familiar with the expected pattern in your industry. Some industries can take a higher debt load; others may operate with less liquidity.
你们公司的资本状况如何? How much money have you invested in the business? Financial institutions often want to see that you have a financial commitment and that you have put yourself at risk in the company. Both your company's financial 状态ments and your personal credit are keys to the 资本 question. If the company is operating with a negative net worth, 例如, will you be prepared to add more of your own money? 在公司成长的过程中，你的皇马bwin资源能在多大程度上支持你和公司? 如果公司还没有盈利, this may be offset by an excellent customer list and payment history. 所有这些问题交织在一起, 你要确保金融机构认为业务是可靠的.
目前的经济状况如何?贵公司如何适应? If your business is sensitive to economic downturns, 例如, the financial institution wants a comfort level that you're managing productivity and expenses. 你所在行业的趋势是什么?你的公司如何适应这些趋势? Are there any economic or political hot potatoes that could negatively impact the 成长th of your business?
而现金流几乎总是偿还贷款的主要来源, 金融机构关注他们所谓的次级还款来源. 抵押品 represents assets that the company pledges as an alternate repayment source for the loan. Most collateral is in the form of hard assets, such as real e状态 and office or manufacturing equipment. 或者，你的应收账款和存货可以作为抵押品.
的 collateral issue is a bigger challenge for service businesses, 因为他们可以抵押的硬资产较少. 在你的业务得到证实之前，你几乎总是要抵押抵押品. If it doesn't come from your business, the financial institution will look to your personal assets. This clearly has its risks — you don't want to be in a situation where you can lose your house because a business loan has turned sour. 如果你想从金融机构或其他贷款人那里借钱, 你需要仔细考虑如何处理这个附带问题.
Keep in mind that in evaluating the five C's of credit, financial institutions don't give equal weight to each area. 放贷者很谨慎，一个薄弱环节可能会抵消你显示出的所有其他优势. 例如, if your industry is sensitive to economic swings, your company may have difficulty getting a loan during an economic downturn — even if all other factors are strong. And if you're not perceived as a person of character and integrity, there's little likelihood you'll receive a loan, no matter how good your financial 状态ments may be. 如你所见, lenders evaluate your company as a total package, which is often more than the sum of the parts. 的 biggest element, however, will always be you.
- 华盛顿州商业中心 – 的 状态 业务 Hub an excellent guide for navigating all the 状态 regulations that may apply to your new business
- 小企业指南 – 的 Governor’s Office for Regulatory Innovation and Assistance has many guides and resources for starting and operating a business in Washington State
- City of Seattle 10 essential steps to start a business
- Work Source of King County's Local 业务 Assistance
商会 & 贸易协会
在西雅图信用联社，我们的7项指导原则之一是教育应该对所有人免费. We are committed to the success of our 社区 and value the local economic impact our business owners bring to the communities where we live, 工作和服务. 的 Commercial Lending Department at Seattle Credit Union is committed to helping business owners be success in any way we can. 如果我们能提供任何帮助，请不要犹豫与我们联系 206.398.5500.